Finding your way around

Friday, December 24, 2010

Because of Christmas...

Because of Christmas…
...we have Easter.

...we have a Savior.

...we know that there is life after death.

...we have assurance that we will be with Jesus when we die.

...we know we will see our loved ones in the Lord again.

...we know they are in His presence right now, worshiping and enjoying LIFE.
...we can look forward to being reunited with our children someday.
...we do not grieve "as do the rest who have no hope" (1 Thess. 4:13).
In the words of Steven Curtis Chapman:
God, I know, it's all of this and so much more
But God, You know, that this is what I'm aching for

God, you know, I just can't see beyond the door...
I know there's more to Christmas than this, but this year...this week...tonight, this truth is a balm to my soul.  May it be to yours as well.

No comments: