What people don't always realize is that when we lose a baby, no matter what age in the womb, we lose a unique person, and we lose the child, the teenager, the adult that person would have been.
I lost Jordan in May at four weeks' gestation. "Barely pregnant" people might say. But when I lost Jordan...
- I lost the full-term baby I would have delivered next February.
- I lost a toddler who will never need me to kiss a scraped knee.
- I lost a five-year-old who will never start kindergarten.
- I lost a teen-ager who will never make me cringe by learning to drive my car.
- I lost a high school graduate whom I won't help pack for college.
- I lost a young adult whom I will never plan a wedding for.
- I lost a lifetime of memories that will never be made.