What many people don't realize is that when you lose a baby, you have a whole other set of milestones to get through in addition to those firsts. And the earlier you lose a baby, the more milestones you have in front of you.
- The day you would have announced your pregnancy to the world
- The day you would have heard your baby's heartbeat
- The first ultrasound
- The end of the first trimester, and the second
- Feeling your baby move for the first time
- Shopping for baby supplies
- Registering for baby gifts
- Attending your own shower
- Getting a tour of the hospital
- your estimated due date
- your first Mother's Day or Father's Day
- your anniversary of loss
- anticipating what your baby would be doing now if he or she had lived
- what would have been your baby's first Christmas, first Thanksgiving, first birthday...
Question for you: When did you feel yourself moving past the worst of your grief? What helped?