Finding your way around

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Remembering Naomi Faith

It's hard to believe that two years ago today, my sweet Naomi was unexpectedly born sleeping at 18.5 weeks, having already flown to Jesus. I was sick with an abdominal infection that was making me septic, so sick that I had no idea my baby's life was at risk. And now it has been two years.

Today, my three-year-old daughter and I went to the hospital where I was when we lost Naomi, and brought blueberry muffins to the nurses on the floor. Afterwards, we spent a couple of hours together shopping and eating out - bittersweet, as I watched her play at the Chik-Fil-A play area, wondering what life would have been like with two children 18 months apart.

Tonight, I'm reflecting on the many people who have told me that they, too, are remembering Naomi today. All a balm to my soul, because even though I know Naomi is with Jesus, and even though I believe that God is sovereign and that his plan is wisest and best, I still ache for my little girl, and I wish she were here, sharing a room with her sister, making a mess of the house, and generally turning our lives upside down.

Such mixed emotions - joy and sorrow, pain and smiles. Are you there, too? I'm so thankful that I'm not alone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristi,
I am there with you...all muddled up in mixed emotions. Thinking of you today & Naomi.